Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year! double oh nine!

This year I will be keeping with tradition and doing something that scares me or that is new to me every day. This can be anything from studying a topic that normally wouldn't interest me or picking up a new book, Skydiving to taking a break dancing class to trying caviar. It's great motivation to do all those things I kind of wish I would do or that I'm a little afraid to try.

Plus I've found out a lot about myself doing this. There are things I would have never known I was good at or liked had I not tried. Like Yoga. In 2004 or 2005 I decided to step into the yoga class at my gym in Boca Raton because it was getting late and I hadn't done anything new that day. I ended up becoming a certified instructor. I would have never had the guts to go into that class alone if it wasn't for me pushing myself with this resolution. It made me realize the truth in the saying "The first step to success is showing up".

My new challenge with this resolution (since I've had it for three or four years) is to write down my new thing in my calendar every day to keep me motivated to find exciting things to try.

I have other resolutions too.
This year:
-I will say 'I love you' more
-worry less
-enjoy myself as a person more
-work harder
-spend less time on the net
-and read more

among other personal goals.

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."

"There is nothing more important than goals and direction. What you obtain along the way will always be more valuable than the goal itself."

No comments: